There are no additional staff positions at this time. Please check back with us in the future.
The American Turkish Society is seeking dynamic, self-motivated interns for the summer months of July and August.
Currently, two internship opportunities are available:
- Research Associate Internship: Assist staff in market research for intel needed to drive organizational strategy and mission.
- Marketing/Communications Internship: Assist with planning The Society’s programs and events and manage ATS’s website and social media content.
Founded in 1949, The American Turkish Society is America's oldest not-for-profit organization seeking to enhance economic, political, and cultural ties between Turkey and the United States. The Society achieves its mission by bringing together government and business leaders, journalists and scholars covering a spectrum of fields. It also initiates and sponsors a variety of education and arts & culture programs, providing fellowships, grants, and other opportunities for educational and cultural exchange between the two countries.
The interns will gain insight into the operations of a nonprofit organization. They will develop valuable marketing, research, event planning, and office experience that is transferable in both the NGO and corporate sectors. Participants will also gain first-hand knowledge of US-Turkish relations, with the opportunity to interact with prominent business leaders and board members.
- Work closely with the Executive Director and Program Officer to assist in preparation tasks, as assigned.
- Conduct research on various topics as requested, e.g. potential partner organizations, speakers, resources, funders/donors, etc., to help advance the goals of The Society.
- Minimum commitment of 20 hours/week.
- Excellent research, presentation, and interpersonal skills. Professionalism is a must.
- Self-starter, attention to detail, and ability to manage multiple tasks.
- Demonstrated interest in global affairs; interest in Turkey highly preferred.
- (Research Associate) Excellent English writing and research skills, proficient in Microsoft Word tools.
- (Marketing/Comm) Excellent English writing skills, familiarity with social media platforms, proficiency in design and publishing software; photo and video editing skills a plus
The internship program is unpaid. However, The American Turkish Society will provide funds for a NYC Monthly Metrocard and a recommendation letter upon successful completion of the internship.
Interested applicants should send resume and cover letter to: email@example.com